It is highly recommended that before your spray tan appointment, you read the before, after and what to expect sections of the FAQ.
It is better if you have nail polish on before your tan, even if it is just a clear coat. It is advisable to wipe off your toenails and nails at the end of your spray tan to prevent your nails from staining. The spray tan will NOT ruin your nails if you have acrylic nails or a gel manicure on before your spray tan appointment.
- It is recommended that you have any facial or body waxing done prior to your spray tan. DO NOT get waxed after your spray tan and before your initial shower. It is okay to have your eyebrows plucked the same day after your tan.
- Please exfoliate with a non-oil based exfoliant/scrub and shave BEFORE your spray tan. This will remove excess skin and will ensure a more even tan. Shaving the day before your tan is encouraged – if possible – however if you shave the day of your tan that is okay (minimum 4 hours before).
- It is recommended that you limit the amount you shave after your spray tan, as shaving is a form of exfoliation. Shaving after your initial shower is okay.
- Eyelash extensions are okay to have on and do not effect your spray tan. Because of the way eyelash extensions are applied, it is recommended that they be applied before your spray tan appointment.
Spray Tan Preparation – Lotions/Makeup
You CAN NOT have any lotion, makeup, sunscreen or oil on your skin at the time of your appointment – even if it has been applied earlier in the day. We have makeup wipes in the salon if you need to remove makeup prior to your appointment. Chapsticks/lip balms/glosses/lipsticks & mascaras are okay to have on during and after your tan.
- It is preferred to not have deodorant on during your tan.
- If you have acrylic nails or a gel manicure on before your spray tan appointment, the spray tan will NOT ruin your nails.